We regularly host Interns from a wide variety of backgrounds, including planning, conservation, international development and architecture. Projects our Interns work on range widely, from producing surveys of Glasgow’s historic built environment to schools projects, and from writing articles and helping with publications to curating and producing exhibitions. We are flexible about how long our Interns can commit for and for how many hours per week.If you would like to come and be an Intern with GCHT, get in touch.
- Victorian & Edwardian Swimming Baths: Glasgow University student, Rachael Purse, created an exhibition to highlight the importance and beauty of Glasgow’s Victorian and Edwardian swimming baths in the wake of the Commonwealth Games 2014.
- Iron Work Facade study: Comprehensive study undertaken for the Scottish Ironwork foundation regarding buildings with iron facades in Glasgow.
- Global Glasgow Mobile App: Development of an Iphone mobile app which aims to shine a light on some of the lesser-known architects and buildings that have played a role in the development of Glasgow as a globally significant turn-of-the-century cityscape.
- The Development of a Retail Empire: Four postgraduate students from the University of Glasgow and Glasgow School of Art produced an exhibition exploring the history and present situation for Glasgow’s shopping streets.
- Marketing and Community Outreach Support
- Cast Iron Exhibition Preparation
- Cast Iron Area Surveys