Would you like to explore the heritage of your local area? Or celebrate the history of your sports club? Got a great idea for an exhibition or event that will bring the community together to learn and share stories about the past?
Glasgow City Heritage Trust has recently launched a new Community Grants Scheme, with grants of up to £2000 available to support projects largely developed by community members that engage communities with Glasgow’s historic built environment. This could mean an area, building, place or green space, or you might like to discover more about a particular person or architectural style.
It’s important that your project will enable a wide range of people to engage with heritage, and we’re keen for there to be a tangible benefit to your community, maybe creating something that people can enjoy in the future, setting up a new group or helping people develop new skills.
We’ll be here to support the development and delivery of your project, and to assist you in evaluating it.
What sort of groups may be eligible?
We aspire to work with a wide range of community groups:
- Youth clubs
- Community centres
- Community gardens/allotments
- Community Councils
- Resident’s Associations
- Sports/ social clubs
- Pensioners groups
- Arts and crafts clubs or organisations
- Environmental groups
- Health and wellbeing groups
- Local history/ heritage groups
- ‘Friends of’ groups e.g. parks, historic attractions
- Organisations offering support to vulnerable/disadvantaged people
- Drama groups
- Writing groups
What sort of projects may be eligible?
We can support a wide range of projects:
- Researching an area/ building/ person
- Publications such as leaflets or books
- Heritage trails
- Interpretation such as signs or information boards
- School resource packs
- Digital resources such as apps or websites
- Oral histories
- Community archaeology
Got an idea? Here’s what to do next:
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact our Community Engagement Officer on 0141 552 1331, or email email@example.com